How it works
With HelpAttack!, you can support a cause by donating a small amount with each Tweet, Facebook update, #hashtag, blog post, or other social action.
You don't have to change your online habits (no need to tag your posts), and you can give however, and whenever, you like. We provide causes with everything they need to quickly and easily start fundraising with social media.
Step 1. Choose a cause
If you reach HelpAttack! from a link published by a cause or fellow supporter, you're all set. You can change causes anytime or make multiple pledges to different causes.
Step 2. Choose a pledge type
Should you give with Facebook updates? Tweets? Blog posts? We'll help you figure it out. If your cause has a suggestion, or one of your friends made a certain kind of pledge and you're here because of that, we'll direct you to give with that type of content. You can make new pledges anytime, and choose how to give.
Step 3. Make a pledge
A pledge is a commitment to give a little bit with each Tweet, Facebook update, #hashtag, or other online action.
- You don't have to change how you Tweet, update Facebook, or do anything else.
- We will Tweet, or update Facebook for you only if the "spread the word" checkbox is checked on your pledge.
- You set a limit for your pledge. Just in case it's more active than you plan!
- We'll email you a couple times during your pledge to let you know how it's going.
Step 4. Pat yourself on the back
Feel the glow of doing good whenever you're active online.
- You can donate anytime to complete your pledge.
- You can start new pledges, or set up a recurring pledge throughout the year.
- If you share your pledge, and people join you, you'll start getting credit for their donations! We call it your Network Effect.
- As you make pledges on HelpAttack!, you might receive one of our Coins. Coins are rewards for certain kinds of giving, discovering new features, and getting others to join you.
- Your donations are handled securely by a donation processor like FirstGiving. We do not store your credit card information.
- For 501c3 causes, your donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. You will receive an email receipt from the transaction gateway, HelpAttack!, or your cause. You should always check with your accountant or tax professional just to be sure.
- 91.75% of your donation goes directly the nonprofit. The remaining 8.25% is used to cover credit card fees and to keep HelpAttack! running.